Grillmarka­urinn restaurant.: "An awesome restaurant which opened in 2011." Top 5 Page for this destination ReykjavÝk Restaurant Tip by Regina1965

ReykjavÝk Restaurants: 180 reviews and 436 photos

• - Reykjavík
      The lounge area and bar.
  • - Reykjavík
      The desserts.
  • Tempura. - Reykjavík
    by Regina1965

Grillmarka­urinn restaurant (The Grill market) just opened in ReykjavÝk in the summer of 2011 and since it opened it has been booked up almost every night. I went there with 3 of my friends and we absolutely loved it. The atmosphere is so lovely and elegant. You are greeted by a waiter who takes you down-stairs to the lounge/bar while you wait for your table. It is all so very relaxed and cozy and the service was first class.

Grillmarka­urinn buys all its main stock straight from the farmer, and if you look up their website you will see photos and information the the farmers supplying the restaurant with mutton, honey, milk, cheese, quail and "skyr" etc.

The food was exquisitely served and as I cannot eat in restaurants due to my allergies then I have to rely on my friends for what the food tasted like and they were very happy with it. They were served so many dishes, each of which was lovelier than the other. They were even served deep fried dried fish with spinach on a plate with deep fried squid (see my photo). When we asked why the deep fried fish (har­fiskur) was green they told us that they fried it in spinach to distinguish it from the squid on the plate.

I highly recommend dining at Grillmarka­urinn, it is a first class restaurant.

Workdays: 11:30-14:00 and 18:00-22:30
Weekends: 18:00-23:30

When I was younger there used to be a cinema here where Grillmarka­urinn is now located called The New Cinema (Nřja bݡ).

Address: LŠkjargata 2A, 101 ReykjavÝk
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In the very center of ReykjavÝk, on the south side of LŠkjartorg square next to the green corner house on LŠkjargata and AusturstrŠti. It is kind of hidden behind another restaurant so one has to walk into a alley to reach the restaurant.
Phone: 00354 5717777
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Oct 19, 2011

“Bon Voyage :)”

Have you been to ReykjavÝk?