Pinotxo inside the Mercado Boqueria: "So good it could have Michelin stars !!!!!" Bar Pinotxo Tip by jlanza29

Bar Pinotxo, Barcelona: 4 reviews and 5 photos

Only 10 seats !!!!!

Only 10 seats !!!!!
    by jlanza29
      Garbanzo beans !!! out of this world !!!!
    by jlanza29
      Made right on the spot !!!!
    by jlanza29
      Well worth the trip here !!!!!
    by jlanza29

I have read in various food magazine's that if there was ever a food stall that can earn 3 Michelin Stars this would be the place to get it !!!!!! located right at the entrance to the Mercado Boqueria this food stall has only about 10 seats ... we were lucky enough to get 2 of them before the tons of people off the cruise ship came here. Basically there is no menu !!!!! You look around and point to whatever they are cooking !!!! we came at 8:00 am and the fresh Spanish Omelette's were coming off the skillets !!!!! My sister and Mom had Spinach omelette's and I had the onion, fresh cheese, and caper omelette .... with some of the freshest orange juice that I have had in a long time .... also we had garbanzo beans that was out of this world .... and also had fresh sausages that they were making right there on the spot !!!!

Be for-warned the people behind the counter speak limited English so getting them to explain what they have is nearly impossible .... lucky we are fluent in Spanish and they were a bit more accommodating but the action is fast.

And there is one Gentlemen who wears a blue vest working there that has been working there since 1950 .... couldn't be a nicer person !!!!

This was one of my highlights of Barcelona .....

We paid a total of 33 Euro's for 3 ..... HIGHLY recommend it !!!!!

Address: Boqueria
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: At the entrance of the Mercado Boqueria !!!!!
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Written Oct 19, 2011

Comments

jlanza29

“Not all those who Wander are Lost”

Have you been to Barcelona?