"DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH" Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel Tip by xymmot

Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel, New York City: 1,093 reviews and 4 photos

right off the Bowery
      right off the Bowery
    by xymmot
      smaller picture make the room bigger
    by xymmot

The stay was pleasant as well as coinvence since I wanted to be in the Chinatown area. The lobby is on the second floor so as you know, when we first got there it was hard to find and it was a new hotel at the time so there was only one sign that said BW second floor. As we enter the lobby through the elevator, the area was quite small but effiencent. We check in a breeze and was told of the free breakfast and paper. We showed our way to the room which is suppose to have two queens in it and I was skeptic about the results, but sure enough with space as a premium, there were two queen size beds which took up most of the room and walking space was like two feet wide throughout the room. It was a good thing that they invented flat screen TV, but I must say, who ever designed the room was very intelligent with the use of space and I throughly enjoyed the stay.

Unique Qualities: Small space in the room meant a very cozy atmosphere with my girlfriend and her friend. It worked out great except the bathroom for four people was a bit much. Great location, many eatery around the place. I left the car outside in a meter space with no problem...(be sure to read the sign)

Address: 231 Grand Street, New York City, New York, 10013-4246, United States
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Chinatown
Phone: 212 925 1177
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?iata=&promoCode=&corpID=&propertyCode=33133

• Written Oct 19, 2011

“Why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?”

Have you been to New York City?