"Homey Hostel" Taipei Hotel Tip by katherineyabes

Taipei Hotels: 133 reviews and 160 photos

After getting lost (twice, haha!), I arrived at Homey Hostel (homeyhostel.com) to find that the owners, Kelly and Josh, were hosting a barbeque for their guests and local friends. I had such a fantastic time. The small get-together had everything you could ask for- delicious food, great company, and a warm summer night.

The hostel is conveniently located a few blocks away from a small night market, a good selection of restaurants and shops, and the MRT. Boba (the term for ?bubble tea? in Southern California) shops are very popular in my hometown, so I was excited to get my hands on a cup when I learned that the drink originated in Taiwan. Since bubble tea shops are plentiful, I was able to treat myself to an iced milk tea every day before my departure.

Since I?m incapable of following a map, Kelly accompanied another guest and I to the airport bus stop and waited patiently until we left. I am so grateful to her for showing us such kindness. She definitely has awesome local recommendations so don?t forget to ask her for some suggestions if you happen to book a night at her hostel.

Address: 1F., No.7, Ln. 180, Tonghua St., Daan Dist.,, Taipei, Taiwan
Phone: +886 919002116
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.homeyhostel.com

• Written Oct 19, 2011

“Pack light because no one's going to carry your sh** except you!”

Ranked Member