Hilton Cyprus: "The Perfect Meeting Point for the Business Cliente" Top 5 Page for this destination Nicosia Hotel Tip by greekcypriot

Nicosia Hotels: 31 reviews and 58 photos

The impressive lift leading to the Executive wing
      The impressive lift leading to the Executive wing
    by greekcypriot
      The corridor leading to the restaurants and pool
      The Jaccuzi
      Breakfast at the Fontana Restaurant
      The outdoor swimming pool
    by greekcypriot

I visited the Hilton for a business meeting in October.
For 43 consecutive years it stands as a symbol of exclusivity and a luxurious landmark. It won the award of Best City Hotel in Cyprus for the second consecutive year, voted by readers of the Conde Nast Traveller Awards 2010 under the category of ?city hotels/ Cyprus, and was chosen for its high level of services and irreproachable hospitality. It also secured the first place as the most popular in the same category. It is the hotel that spoils and pampers its guests. This happened to me on this trip.
I felt like home and I am not exaggerating. Starting with the staff who are surely professionals and multilingual they know well how to make their guests feel like home.
Personally, I postponed until the coming trip to Cyprus, 3 dinner invitations I had in the city those days and chose to remain in the premises.

I had a spacious room (#555) on the Executive floor. Here rooms are much bigger than the Hilton guest rooms and I felt so relaxed and comfortable not only from the amenities found here but the soft colours, décor, and its minimalistic style and touch of luxury. There was nothing exaggerating and all amenities functional and useful.

The bed was huge and lovely just as I expected it to be with huge fluffy pillows. There was a mini bar and just above a separate open space with shelves for glasses, wine, and some delicacies on offer. I found the corner desk with the laptop very functional although I had my own and I spent much time out there working while at the premises.

There was a flat TV with ample of local and international channels to choose from, and one of the two armchairs was next to the side table with an impressive lampshade and coffee facilities. This spot had become my favourite corner for my afternoon coffee when I wanted to watch the news. The emphasis in the whole premises is on elegance and comfort.

The huge mirror in the bathroom made the room seem bigger but it was spacious all right. Toiletries (Crabtree & Evelyn) collection, and when I asked for one or two more I was brought a handful.

The Hilton knows well how to pamper their guests with some VIP courtesies upon arrival. I had a surprise indulgence with fruit and a bottle of some red wine at first. Minutes later I had a plate with Cypriot delicacies in syrup and later some white roses were brought from the cleaning lady for the bathroom creating in minutes a pleasant ambience in this room! Later on, in the afternoon there was another knock on the door, this time I was brought some snacks. (Make sure to put the safety chain behind the door because some male waiters just knock and enter even before you answer).

Guests with rooms on the Executive floor have access to the Executive Lounge on the 6th floor. A beautifully decorated room with fitted carpet comfortable sofas and armchairs creating different private corners, soft pleasing to the ears music, and open for the executive guests free for dining, drinks and nibbles.

The most demanding guest will be pleased with the more than adequate American breakfast offered here. A variety of cereals, dry fruit, omelettes, sausages, mushrooms, pan cakes, ham and bacon, grilled Cypriot cheese (halloumi) yoghurt, rice pudding, different kinds of bread, croissants, biscuits and cakes. Everything is of excellent quality and taste and always under the supervision of professional staff like Gregory?s and many more.

Dinner at the stunning (seasonal) Pergola Grill and Bar Restaurant, -the latest addition to the Hilton by the pool the last night of functioning was a challenge. The Executive chef Adreas Georgiou with the rest of chefs and cooks seem to work miracles in the kitchen. The presentation of every dish brought was like a piece of art. The exceptional culinary standards, the taste and ambience set the scene for stylish dining in soft pleasing to the ears music. Andreas Yiallourides is another asset for the Hilton.

Another favourite spot was the Spa where I tried to combine business with pleasure. The Thai massage I had was so comforting and relaxing, but the Jacuzzi, the Steam bath and Sauna were just as good. I was amazed to see so many locals who are members and come here to exercise and spoil themselves. I consider it one of the most luxurious health clubs in Nicosia.

Internet is not free here, but it has become a standard benefit (free of charge) for HHonors Gold and Diamond members only. It is a hotel geared predominantly to the business clientele making it an ideal meeting point, with just a 20 minutes? walk from Nicosia?s highest points.

So, with all the above it is not surprising that the Hilton in Cyprus consistently ranks as the international business community?s first choice. I highly recommend it and I truly can?t wait to return shortly.

Address: Archibishop Makarios III Avenue
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/NICHITW-Hilton-Cyprus/index.do

• Written Oct 19, 2011

greekcypriot Visits Here Frequently!

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Have you been to Nicosia?