"A Hotel for Mice -Sized people - no room to move" Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel Tip by Lumsden1

Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel, London: 281 reviews and 9 photos

Not recommended -as follows:

I was a paying client of the Best Western Premier Shaftesbury Piccadilly Hotel, London on 25-26 June 2011.

On 26 June 2011, in person and in writing to précis properties Ltd; Interchange and Consort Hotels Ltd (T/A Best Western); London Premier Hotels and the Best Western Group collectively, I reported through the reception/management of the Best Western Premier Shaftesbury Piccadilly Hotel on the inadequate size and quality of room 109, the air conditioning unit, dingey surroundings and the cleanliness of windows.

I was unable to carry out required stretches for my back on the floor nor was I able to enjoy sufficient rest during the evening of 25 June/morning of 26 June 2011 in Room 109 of the hotel. In general and specific to my condition the experience in that tiny room for about 12 hours was traumatic.

The matters were reported to hotel staff - dismissed with 'I'd better write that down for someone to fix,' or similar words. What was first offered in response to an initial claim was my indulgence in a second chance 80% projected fee on another unstated experience where clearly I was still angry and traumatised about the outcome of the first experience. This has added to my continuing distressed condition.

Over the past four months I have made formal requests directly and in writing to the hotel to have my distress understood and some explanation for this claustrophobic, shoebox-sized room incorrectly described as ?premier? etc; a malfunctioning air conditioner; dirty windows, dingey exterior etc. This has not occurred, and the responses from hotel management have been inadequate, dismissive and uncaring.

The hotel has failed to address my concerns as regards room size at all and has retrospectively indicated only token efforts to resolve the other issues outlined.

Unique Qualities: Singular lack of room and little concern for getting things right when errors and lack of care resulted. An embarassment for an otherwise excellent chain of hotels with whom I had previuosly stayed around the world. The only comment worth repeating is 'location' but for that you sacrifice comfort, cleanliness, sleep, failure to follow up matters, disregard for people with special needs and arrogance.

Address: Best Western Premier Shaftesbury Piccadilly Hotel 65 - 73 Shaftesbury Ave, Piccadilly, London, W1D 6EX, United Kingdom
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Centre of London Theatre District - Shaftesbury Avenue but that's the only real feature
othercontact: trailswest2008@live.com.au
Phone: +44 20 7871 6000
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.shaftesburyhotels.com/hotel-shaftesbury-premier-london-piccadilly-24.htm

• Updated Oct 18, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.