"Visit the Bronx Zoo Instead..." Central Park Zoo Tip by Donna_in_India

Central Park Zoo, New York City: 21 reviews and 29 photos

The Penguins at Central Park Zoo
by Donna_in_India

After years and years of just not making it to the Central Park Zoo and hearing great things about it, I finally went this summer. I have to say I was hugely disappointed. I'm not sure whether it was the summer heat or the time of day, but we hardly saw any animals.

There were steep hills and stairs. It was not so easy to get around with a stroller, kind of an odd thing for a "family-friendly" place.

The Central Park Zoo is open 365 days a year. The summer hours (Apr 2?Nov 6) are 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., daily and the winter hours (Nov 7?Apr 1) are 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.

Admission for adults is $18, children (3-12) is $13, free for ages 2 and under. There are discounts for seniors and for purchasing tickets online.

There's so much else to see in NYC that I'd give this a skip or if you must go to a zoo, spend the time and visit the excellent Bronx Zoo.

Address: 64th St. and 5th Ave., New York, NY 10021
Directions: By Subway: Take the N, R, or W trains to the Fifth Ave/59th St station. Walk north 4 blocks to 64th St. Or take the Lexington Ave #6 train to the 68th St/Hunter College station, walk west 3 blocks to Fifth Ave, then take a left and walk four blocks south.
Phone: (212) 439-6500
Website: http://www.centralparkzoo.com/

• Updated Apr 8, 2012

Donna_in_India Visits Here Frequently!

“I didn't know we were making memories. I just thought we were having fun.”

Have you been to New York City?