Waida: "Best Chocolates in the World!!" Reims Shopping Tip by NVBOB2

Reims Shopping: 23 reviews and 26 photos

I have been on a quest to find the most delicious chocolates in the world. One year, I told my wife "This year, instead of giving you chocolates for Valentine's Day, I'm going to take you where they make them!" We went to Belgium. We toured a chocolate museum, and ate many brands of chocolate. All the usual, Godiva, Nuehaus, and etc., then there were small chocolatiers. We tried as many of them as time would allow in 4 days. A year or so later, we went to Barcelona, Spain. I am certain that the chocolates that we had in Spain at one particular establishment was better than anything that we had tasted previously. The hedgehogs at the market on Grandville Island in Vancouver, Canada are truly not to be missed. We tried some chocolates that were made in Italy. They were in the top two or three of the world's best chocolates. But the number one chocolates in the world are made in Reims, France. Waida at 5 Place Drouet d'Erlon, Reims, France. The one to get is large and lumpy looking. It has hazelnuts, pistachios, and magic dipped in milk chocolate. And as is the case with all fine European chocolates, they will not last on the shelf so you must eat them when you buy them...

What to buy: Chocolates are what I wanted to write about in this review... But when shopping in Reims you MUST have champagne!! There are too many to describe all of the ones that we liked in Reims but some of the must see and taste houses are: Piper-Heidsieck, Veuve ClicQout, Pommery, Taittinger, and this is just a few of the best in Reims!!

What to pay: For the chocolates <5.00 USD. You will buy them individually, they are larger than a ping pong ball.

Address: 5 Place Drouet d'Erlon, Reims, France
Directions: From the Train Station find Place Drouet d'Erlon. Walk past the Center d'Erlon statue when you get close to the fountain that looks like a large dandelion that has gone to seed. Look right, you are there!! Latitude 49°15'15.31"N Longitude 4° 01'39.53"E
Theme: Food and Drink

• Updated Oct 17, 2011

“The thrill of discovery is my passion, travel is my life.”

Ranked Member