"Millionaires in Seattle" Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Local Custom Tip by joiwatani
Seattle Local Customs: 101 reviews and 104 photos
There are more than 4,000 millionaires in the City of Seattle and two billionaires. But, one of the things that you will notice in Seattle is that you will not see any rich people flashing and showing off their wealth.
Most of the people here got rich because of the "dot coms" (computers and websites) and they rather donate their money to the community, hospitals, good causes, non-profit organizations, etc. rather than splurging on luxurious and expensive things.
Bill and Melinda Gates not only donate to the whole world through their Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation but they are also benefactors to the Children's Hospital, University of Washington, Woodland Park Zoo, etc.
Most of the hospitals in Seattle and nearby towns have lump sum donations from millionaires and billionaires.
Paul Allen, another billionaire, established the Music Museum Project so he can share his love of music to the public.
Most of the millionaires here have passions of great causes and spend their money on saving lives and making the earth a better place to live in.
As a resident here, I had seen many millionaires and interacted with them. Only few have big egos and they don't flash their wealth by getting nice cars, yachts, planes or live in outrageously luxurious mansions! Most of their passions on their down time is having to get their commercial pilot's license!
More Local Customs in Seattle (5)
More Reviews (186)
- See All A total disappointment at Marrakesh...
- See All Driving to Space Needle and Chihuly...
- See All Visit the Chihuly Garden and Arts Museum
- See All Greyhound Bus Station to Chinatown
- See All Shopping at the Pacific Place
- See All Seattle is a very safe city
- See All The City of Seattle Building
- See All Don't leave valuables in your car at the...
- See All Jazz in the Market
- See All Jogging/Walking
- See All Check the Concorde and Air Force One...
- Bring a hooded jacket if you don't have...
joiwatani's Related Pages
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels