"Visit the Woodland Park Zoo" Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Things to Do Tip by joiwatani
Seattle Things to Do: 950 reviews and 1,707 photos
First of all, if you visit the Woodland Park Zoo, you must remember that you have to have at least one day to be able to see most of the animals, insects, birds, gardens, African houses, etc.
Second, you have to bring a good camera (bring a zoom lense to be better), extra -batteries, wear comfortable shoes, pack plenty of water if you visit during the summer time, and tons of energy!
Third, always ask for a zoo map so you can plan where to go first and saves you time.
When we visited the Woodland Park Zoo, we basically went to every cage and every designated places. My husband and daughter Sierra enjoyed our one day trip at this zoo!
Woodland Park Zoo is a zoological garden in Seattle, Washington that is basically surviving right now because of the generous donations from Seattle residents, corporations and from the sale of tickets. This 188 acre zoo was bought by the city for $5,000 and was established in 1899.
The hours of admission here are the following:
Open every day of the year except Christmas Day, December 25)
October 1 to April 30:
9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
May 1 to September 30:
9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily
The fee is $17.50 for adults and $12.00 for children. There are military and senior discounts but bring your ID. Group discounts are also available.
Address: 601 N. 59th Street, Seattle, WA 98103
Directions: Take I-5 north to N.E. 50th Street (Exit #169). Go west 1.3 miles to the South Entrance at N. 50th Street and Fremont Avenue N.
Phone: (206) 548-2500
More Things to Do in Seattle (30)
More Reviews (161)
- See All A total disappointment at Marrakesh...
- See All Driving to Space Needle and Chihuly...
- See All Greyhound Bus Station to Chinatown
- See All Making reservations at restaurants in...
- See All Shopping at the Pacific Place
- See All Seattle is a very safe city
- See All The City of Seattle Building
- See All Don't leave valuables in your car at the...
- See All Jazz in the Market
- See All Jogging/Walking
- See All Check the Concorde and Air Force One...
- Bring a hooded jacket if you don't have...
joiwatani's Related Pages
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels