LA VAGUE BLEU (Algiers, Algeria): "EXCELLENT SEAFOOD" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Restaurant Tip by DAO

Africa Restaurants: 143 reviews and 458 photos

BIG CHEF
by DAO

These guys came highly recommended and the food doesn?t disappoint. When I walked in Big Chef was cooking away and it looked like a fantastic seafood stew. Smelled great as well. I was politely shown to a table upstairs and a menu in French was produced. And then a nice bottle of water. Unfortunately they don?t serve alcohol here.

Due to my failure to remember seafood vocabulary in French, I just ordered the largest dish. It was very good, but I wish I had just asked Chef what he was making when I came in.

My mixed platter was fantastic. The prawns (shrimp) were absolutely the best I have ever tasted. My tuna fantastic and the rest were a welcome accompaniment. A good meal that was fairly priced.

Apparently the restaurant is owned by a local fisherman who catches all (probably most) of everything you are about to dine on. By the way, Vague Bleu means Blue Wave in English if you were curious.

If you are here for a few nights, this is a very pleasant experience. It?s located in an arch underneath the city ramparts. If you come early enough you will almost certainly walk past the small fish market that operates out of the other arches.

Favorite Dish:
The house special seafood platter and some nice coca cola.

Address: 7 rue d?Angkor
Price Comparison: about average
Directions:
Cross the street headed towards the port from the Place des Martyrs. Go down the massive stone stairs and go left at the bottom. You will walk past several arches with fish stalls and it is at Arch 7.
In French: Voûte 07, quai nord la pêcherie

Phone: (+213) 62 51 87 80
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.16alger.com/restaurants1.htm

• Updated Oct 17, 2011

Comments

DAO

“???????ds ??o? u??q ???? p?no?s ? ???? ??s ? ?ou ??poq??os ?q o? p??u?? s????? ? '???? ?? ???”

Have you been to Africa?