LE DAUPHIN (Algiers, Algeria): "TO CLASSY TO SERVE ME !" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Restaurant Tip by DAO

Africa Restaurants: 143 reviews and 458 photos

BASTARDS
by DAO

BASTARDS
    by DAO
  • TO CLASSY TO SERVE ME ! - Africa

This is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in Algiers. OK, the guidebook is a bit out of date. I couldn?t tell you because they never served me any food! I guess when I showed up with boots, t-shirt and some combat style trousers that I didn?t fit in with the rest of the suit and dress wearing crowd. When I walked in they ignored me before giving me table. They had some nice looking fish tanks and a loud huge screen TV showing sports hanging from the ceiling. Waters walked past me to go see to other guests as they were all farther into the restaurant. Waiters went past again with orders. Waiters returned with food and back to the bar. Waiters returned with drinks and returned somewhere to the rear of the restaurant. After 20 minutes of watching and waving the Manager saw me and finally brought me a menu. Then the waiters walked past me for another 15 minutes before I ordered a beer. Small, expensive but cold. Then I waved some more and 10 minutes later I finally got one of these ignorant bastards to bring me my bill.

It should not take 1 hour to get a bottle of beer!

I watched wine carts go past, desert carts go past. Why would you even contemplate trying to eat here?

So anyway you can find lots of reviews on the internet about this place that essentially report:

? Bad service
? Possible fraudulent abuse of credit cards
? Illness after eating here
? Poor, old seafood
? Over priced

I can only confirm the first one.

Favorite Dish:
They do serve over-priced alcohol if you really want a drink?

Address: rue d?Angkor
Price Comparison: most expensive
othercontact: resdaup-09@hotmail.fr
Phone: 021 716557
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 1
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293718-d1211764-Reviews-Le_Dauphin-Algiers.html

• Updated Oct 17, 2011

Comments

DAO

“???????ds ??o? u??q ???? p?no?s ? ???? ??s ? ?ou ??poq??os ?q o? p??u?? s????? ? '???? ?? ???”

Have you been to Africa?