FUJI YAMA (Algiers, Algeria): "DIARRHEA FOR 8 DAYS" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Restaurant Tip by DAO

Africa Restaurants: 143 reviews and 458 photos

BEFORE I WAS ILL FOR 8 DAYS !!!!!
by DAO

BEFORE I WAS ILL FOR 8 DAYS !!!!!
    by DAO
  • DIARRHEA FOR 8 DAYS - Africa

So you are wondering why I ate here aren?t you? This restaurant (more of a bar) is inside a brand new shopping plaza and outdoor event venue. Somehow this place still manages to look old, dirty and worn inside this new complex. I was looking for a restaurant where I could get alcohol nearby my apartment and this was the only option. When I walked in the first time I thought I could probably put up with the smoke as the meat and fish inside the glass case looked good, so did the menu and they had a bar. Even sports on TV. So I ?saved? my visit to my last night in Algeria.

Big mistake.

When I showed up and tried to take a photo of the outside a large, slightly gangster-like, character not only said ?Non! Privée!?, I thought he might actually physically do something unpleasant to me. Once I explained I would be dinning and drinking, he became smarmy and friendly. He told me his name, but who cares?

Inside I watch a very strange ?hostess? with massive boobs all but falling out of her blouse talk to the mostly male clientele. I was offered expensive small (but cold) bottles of Heineken.

I ordered a delicious salad and an excellent tasting peppercorn sauce steak. Both were greasy and I though I was probably in for an upset stomach unless I drank enough to sterilise my insides. There were no side dishes ? just slightly stake bread. So it was a bar meal, although better tasting than most bars. My other indication I might have trouble was the filthy state of the toilets. They had soap, but even that looked filthy.

So I went back to my apartment to get some sleep. Within hours ? you guessed it. And for the next 8 days I spent at least $50 on diarrhoea tablets and a lot of time regretting my meal whilst inside many many toilets.

I once had a bad kebab on the streets of Yemen and had issues for 24 hours. That was the worst until these morons. 8 days!

So if you want to spend time in public toilets for the next week ? this is just the place for you!

Favorite Dish:
You would need to be crazy to eat here. The beer was ok.

Address: Niveau 112 Riadh El-Feth, El-Madania, Algiers
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In the centre below the Military Museum and 50 meters from the Martyrs Monument Algiers.
othercontact: 0551,49 09 60
Phone: 0796.94 98 03
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 1
Theme: French
Website: http://none

• Updated Oct 16, 2011

Comments

DAO

“???????ds ??o? u??q ???? p?no?s ? ???? ??s ? ?ou ??poq??os ?q o? p??u?? s????? ? '???? ?? ???”

Have you been to Africa?