"excellent!" Moyness House Tip by iaint

Moyness House, Inverness: 491 reviews and 5 photos

• bright... - Inverness
  • dark... - Inverness
    by iaint

A very good B&B in a 19th century house, ideally located very close to the town centre (sorry, can?t get used to calling Inverness a city).

I was able to walk to & from the pub/restaurant without difficulty. We only had 3 drinks, so that helped. In fact it was fun on the way back to cross the footbridge over the River Ness and then along the embankment watching the city (oops, did it!) lights.

Location really is an asset. For me it was a little special. Northern Meeting Park is across the street. I played a memorable game of rugby there a few years back. Well, in the 70s to be honest. One of my university friends lived along the street. Where are you now, Stephen Olszyszka? The office where my dad worked (when we lived here) is 200m away.

The whole B&B is clean and well decorated. You get a friendly welcome from the owner. It has off street parking, which is always useful. In a minute I?ll be going out to check for damage from falling apples...

My room has free wifi and a TV. Very quiet & comfortable all round, and I had a great night?s sleep.

Breakfast was your typical Scottish B&B experience. Make sure you?re good & hungry. And plan a light, late lunch. (Aaah, the power of alliteration).

I was 65 (on my own in a double room) for a Saturday night in mid October. Recommended.

Unique Qualities: Location & value for money

Address: 6 Bruce Gardens, Inverness IV3 5EN
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Just north of the A82 Drumnadrochit road, close to the town centre.
Phone: 44 (0) 1463 233836
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Pension/Guesthouse
Website: http://www.moyness.co.uk

• Updated Oct 16, 2011

iaint Used To Live Here!

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ”

Have you been to Inverness?