Cards for All Occasions: "Gobsmackingly Poor Customer Service" Nottingham Shopping Tip by rachbeck

Nottingham Shopping: 15 reviews and 14 photos

My kids and I were shouted at the minute we entered this card shop. My 9 year old son left a 1cm gap when attempting to shut the door, which apparently warranted the start of the tirade that was to follow.
I asked where the 'With Sympathy' cards were as a relative had recently died. I was totally ignored. Thankfully, I discovered them with my kids help.
Then, at the till, God help me, I dared to put my light handbag on a stack of boxes of cards. This conversation really did happen:
Shop owner "Move your bag."
Me "Sorry?"
Shop owner "I said 'Move your bag'."
Me (a bit speechless)
Shop owner "You are crushing all the boxes. Im running this store and I cant sell boxes of crushed cards. Move your handbag."
Me "Jesus!"
Shop Owner "How can you expect me to sell crushed cards? Move your handbag!!"
Me (more speechless)
Shop owner "Look I don't care if Ive offended you. This is my shop. Do you still want this card or not?"
By this time, my youngsters, sensing a tense atmosphere were clutching at my coat sleeves.
Shop owner "Really, I dont care if Ive offended you. Its my shop"
Yep, get the message love
I should have just left shouldn't I? I quite liked the card though, so I bought it. Rest assured I won't be going back and if I can forewarn anyone else about this revolting woman, I feel I have done some good

What to buy: Based on customer service, I'd obviously say don't waste your time buying anything from this shop. It is not deserving of any reasonable persons custom. She did appear to have a good selection of stuff though, to be fair.

What to pay: As little as possible

Address: Main Street, Gedling, Nottingham
Theme: Stationery

• Written Oct 16, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Nottingham?