"Look out for the unexpected" Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Off The Beaten Path Tip by tropicrd
Cairns Off The Beaten Path: 52 reviews and 147 photos
Wandering around the west side of the Cairns Freshwater Lake,you are likely to find yourself in an area that not many people visit.Unfortunately,the unmade tracks make it unsuitable for wheelchairs and prams.The gravel and dirt pathways skirt around the lily ponds and through the swamplands making it an ideal place to watch birds, look at plants,trees,lilly's and insect life.
This is where the Cairns Birdwatchers come and set up their tripods early in the morning hoping to catch one of the many native birds that habitat this area.
The lillies look beautiful when they are in bloom and make sure you take notice of the crocodile warning sign,a croc was spotted in this area only two weeks ago oct 2011.
I have taken some pictures of plants/flowers and put them in a travelogue so hope you enjoy them.
I love coming here it is very peaceful.
Keep your eyes open,I spotted a pair of finches building their nest this morning.
Don't forget to take water,insect repellant and your camera.
othercontact: Freshwater Lake,Greenslopes Stre
More Off The Beaten Path in Cairns (13)
More Reviews (118)
- See All Mango Madness
- See All Cairns newest Tropical & Romantic...
- See All Good coffee at the club
- See All Stop for fresh fruit and vegies.
- See All Don't get stuck in the mud.
- See All Working holidays in Cairns
- See All qconnect--new bus timetables
- Galleries have control of Indigenous...
- See All "Your shout mate"
- Pandamonium Live Bands
- See All Fishing list and tips for Families.
- See All Sport at Cazaly's,Cairns
tropicrd's Related Pages
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels