"Gardens of the Palace of Versailles" Versailles Tip by aussirose

Versailles, Paris: 75 reviews and 125 photos

Gardens of Versailles, Paris
by aussirose

The gardens of the Palace of Versailles are spectacular! Hubby studdied this when he did his garden design course so this was a hilight of our Paris trip for hubby. You could not get the smile off his face! :o)

We boarded the train from St Michael N-Dame on the yellow line to Versailles after our photo tour with Sab. Stevemt was interested in seeing the Palace and hubby and I decided to just do the gardens. So after a nice light lunch when we arrived we broke up and did our tours.

I was quite impressed at the magnitude of the gardens and I loved the statues.... but after seeing Monet's garden the next day and the gardens of Marjorelle in Marrakech, Morocco.... I must say that this type of formal garden is not my 'cup of tea'. I am not disappointed I saw this as I now have an experience to compare with others to. Everyone is different. Hubby just loved his experience in the gardens of Versailles. I thought they were amazing on a grand scale but I prefer smaller, cottage style gardens. I am not so into formal stuff. But it was nice to appreciate this spectacular site and I am glad we went.

Please share our day with me in the travelogue below.

Website: http://www.chateauversailles.fr/

• Updated Oct 15, 2011

More Off The Beaten Path in Paris (1)

Comments

aussirose

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Have you been to Paris?