Betty's Cafe Tea Rooms: "A Yorkshire Institution!" Northallerton Restaurant Tip by spidermiss

Northallerton Restaurants: 4 reviews and 8 photos

• Betty - Northallerton
      Pear and Parsnip Soup at Betty
      Yorkshire Rarebit Sandwich w. variety of chutneys
      Dawn enjoys Betty
  • Ruth - Northallerton
    by spidermiss

My friend, Ruth, and I love our Betty's experiences and visiting the Northallerton branch was no exception! We had a lovely lunch there and although it's more expensive than average it was worth every penny!

To start off with I ordered the soup of the day which was followed by sandwich. We were seduced by their offer of desserts and ended up having one one! As a souvenirs of our visit we ordered some delicious Yorkshire Fat Rascals (a large fruit scone with a cherry and almond face) at the cafe's shop.

The tea rooms were beautiful with great ambiance and lighting. Unlike the York and Harrogate branches we didn't have to wait long to be seated and served!

The total bill came to 34 gbp for both of us. More expensive that what we would usually pay for having lunch but the quality of the food and how it was presented made it worthwhile.

Favorite Dish: I had the soup of day, parsnip and pear soup, followed by Yorkshire Rarebit Sandwiches (Ruth had also). To finish off, I had chocolate mousse and sauce whereas Ruth had berries cheesecake and sauce.

Address: High Street, Northallerton, DL7 8LF
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: High Street, main town thoroughfare. Northallerton town centre is situated A1/A167 between York and Darlington.
Phone: 01609 775154
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Oct 16, 2011

“Seeing the World!”

Have you been to Northallerton?