"Beware of fake Taxi Drivers in Beijing tour spots" Beijing Shi Favorite Tip by smmurshid

Beijing Shi General: 24 reviews and 57 photos

The bus that took us to Badaling
      The bus that took us to Badaling
      One of the Grate wall view in Badaling spot
    by smmurshid

Favorite thing: I & my family went to Beijing last year and did the same trip, a day tour to Badaling via Ming tomb to see the grate wall. Better to go by any recognized tour company in a group with a guide. It is safe and comfortable. I would not suggest private Taxi if it is not a government one. There are Taxi drivers just putting the meter on top of the taxi pretending they are regular taxi driver. But they are not, and will deceive you charging high. We once took such a taxi.I observed the meter was running fast. The reading became 80 while it should have been 50. The Driver dropped us on a traffic signal, a little away from our destination. I gave him a 100 RMB note. He took it and said "I don't have change" I said I have only 60 but he was demanding 80. Finally he said "ok give me 60 no problem" and returned me the 100 RMB note. After returning hotel when I gave that 100 RMB to the counter they said it is counterfeit. I was surprised because all my 100s were from bank. Then only I realized the taxi driver deceived me cleverly changing the note.

Fondest memory: We liked Beijing very much. I had dreams to see it. In brief Beijing is beautiful and tourist friendly. People are calm cool. Language is a big barrier but manageable. There are traffic jams. We miss the evening walk on the Wangfuji street, Tiananmin square and many other places. Chaina is changing fast. Young generation is different from the old. Seeing the Great Wall was our best memory.

• Written Oct 15, 2011

“Seeing new places makes me virtual owner of those places”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Beijing Shi?