"Only Positive Comments for these Apartments!" Top 5 Page for this destination Frangiorgio Hotel Apartments Tip by greekcypriot

Frangiorgio Hotel Apartments, Larnaca: 179 reviews and 21 photos

The apartment on the 2nd floor

The apartment on the 2nd floor
      The bedroom
      The sitting room area
    by greekcypriot
      The lobby by the reception
      The mini market
    by greekcypriot

I have commented on the Frangiorgio Hotel Apartments in May when some relatives were staying here and I spent much time with them. On this trip I decided to book here since I knew exactly what to expect and I was very satisfied with what offered from my previous trip to Larnaca.

It is a good value for money, the apartments are huge and if you are lucky you can get an apartment on the back road which is slightly quieter. Of course I always carry my ear plugs along! Young people tend to speed foolishly any time of the day, so this is not a matter or problem of any of the hotels in the city. It can happen anywhere at any time of the day or night!

I stayed 3 nights here while in Larnaca. The stay was pleasant as I had everything I needed in the apartment. I never went for breakfast since I could prepare my own breakfast in my own kitchen, and I find people who complain about the continental breakfast here, totally unfair. They should thank God that the management offers any breakfast at all, as usually this does not happen elsewhere. Don?t forget that we are staying in apartments and not in a hotel! I had a huge fridge, full kitchenette with all amenities included, so why the fuss about the continental breakfast? The bedroom had a big wardrobe, chest of drawers, and there was air conditioning in both rooms. TV was a bit confusing for me at first because I had to use two remote controls to watch anything but it was easy when George showed me how to use it.

The Apartments are popular, and people who have stayed before keep coming back. The atmosphere is pleasant and the staff professionals. Most of the times the apartments are fully booked and for this reason I recommend booking well in advance. Internet is free here and as a Guide Writer I have much work and emails to answer, and I had all the time to check and do my work over my laptop without having to spend more money on internet like in other hotels in the area.

Another asset to the hotel is the mini market which is kept open 24 hours a day. It is too handy believe me and it surely counted a lot to me! The ladies working here and the staff are very polite, and helpful. They are truly experienced and this shows.

The rooms are clean, the sheets bright white, and the towels have a pleasant flowery smell. There was no washing liquid though to wash the dishes, but I kindly asked the lady who cleans and she left me some in my kitchen together with a sponge.

I got a taxi from the Airport to come to the Apartments in 5 minutes and I paid 12 euro. There are times when taxi drivers can ask for more but they never exceed the 14 euro which is the maximum they will ask. The apartments are only 5 minute walk to Finikoudes (Palm Tree Promenade) and from there one can pick the different buses for the villages and other cities. The bus stop is only 7 minutes on foot.

For people coming by car, there is a free parking lot behind the apartments. If you plan to hire a car and spend some days in Larnaca, I suggest that you do the sight-seeing first (two or three days) and hire a car when you finish with Larnaca and want to drive to another city. Most of the interesting things to see are simply in the round area where you can easily visit on foot.
The Tourist office information is just 3 minutes walk from the Apartments and I urge tourists to drop by and get the newest leaflets with info about places to see, and find out about the free trails in the city. The beach in front of the Palm Tree Avenue is ideal for little children because the waters are shallow.

The hotel apartments are ideal for families and not only as they are really spacious and there is plenty of room to accommodate two small children on the sitting room couch. I highly recommend it and I would certainly book again here than stay in a hotel opposite the beach front. I honestly would not trade it for any other hotel even if it was a 4 or 5 stars giving you the feeling that you are at your own home.

Address: 9 Gregoriou Afxentiou Avenue, Larnaca, 6023, Cyprus
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: +357 24627444
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.frangiorgio.com

• Written Oct 15, 2011

Comments

greekcypriot Used To Live Here!

greekcypriot

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Have you been to Larnaca?