"Crown Casino - wrongly named." Beware Of Tip by sirgaw

Beware Of, Melbourne: 31 reviews and 13 photos

There are many who would have me charged with heresy for daring to criticise Crown Casino. but in my opinion the place is over rated and tacky. Not to mention the throngs of drunks and gamblers and it is a place that I do not want to re-visit. Besides all that, the place cost around 2 BILLION dollars and the owners and investors would not have spent that money to loose money. Like nearly all casinos they have an almost bottomless pit of money for when 'the house' is on a loosing streak. What chance does the average 'mug punter' have - nil, zero, none etc. I just hope you get the message!!

In my opinion the place was wrongly named and should be called CLOWN Casino.

I used to drive taxis here in Melbourne and after a few bad experiences with passengers, totally refused to pick up from CLOWN - and I was not alone in my own personal 'ban' on the establishment. One evening I dropped off another drunken passenger at the Clarendon Street entrance and a security guard asked me if I was going to pick up a passenger - "Not on your life," I replied. "I don't blame you," was the whispered reply.

In the writing of all my other tips I have included web site and phone numbers when available - I'm not doing that for Clown and if you take my advise you too will stay away.

BTW - some years ago I won a $100 dining voucher to be used at one of the restaurants attached to the gaming area. My wife and I dined well that night and then for 3 days afterwards, suffered from food poisoning. My doctor will verify this if required.

Photo taken from the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant tram stop in Normanby Road.

Address: Melbourne and surrounds

• Updated Oct 15, 2011

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2013 at 12:39 AM

You are not far out in your opinion...It is so dark and gloomy at the entrance to the main casino area.

sirgaw Lives Here!

“"How can I have a favourite place when I haven't seen them all?"”

Have you been to Melbourne?