"What to do in Rome with a family" Rome Favorite Tip by joiwatani
Rome General: 947 reviews and 1,142 photos
Favorite thing: These are the things that I will visit in Rome if I were a first time visitor with a very limited days:
1. Visit the Colosseum and see how massive it is and while you are there, visit their store. Go there early in the morning when there are no crowds yet so you can take great pictures. You will also see the daily life of the Romans jogging and going to work in the morning. See the vendors setting up their stores early...
2. Visit the Trevi Fountain and walk around the plaza and check the local shops and mercatos.
3. See the Spanish Steps
4. See the St. Peter's Basilica and pray and appreciate your blessings even if you are not a Catholic. See the Pieta there and look at how beautiful the church is.
5. Walk around the streets of Rome and when you are tired, eat a Gelato ice cream and taste a Panceretto, local delicacy at Bar Campidolio.
6. The Roman Forum: Show your family the Temple of Antonino and Faustina, a church that was built inside a building; see the remnants of the House of the Vestal of Virgins; the ruins of the Senatus Populus romans, etc. Look for the place where the Romans played chess in the old days (I found them since our tour guide showed them to us).
More General in Rome (2)
More Reviews (13)
- Old hotels don't have good heating...
- Going to St. Peters
- Close to the Colosseum
- See All Wedding pictures at the Colosseum
joiwatani's Related Pages
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels