"The Carnaval in Puerto Rico" Puerto Rico Local Custom Tip by joiwatani
Puerto Rico Local Customs: 53 reviews and 46 photos
The Carnaval is in Ponce, a city in Puerto Rico. The Carnaval is like the Rio de Janeiro carnaval. I have not attended one in Puerto Rico because I was there last June. The carnaval is held during the lent season, the carnaval being with religious beliefs (Catholicism). This Carnaval has Catholicism history and the people dress up in costumes. They whack and target the "innocents" or kids to get rid of bad spirits. Also, they target beautiful women...
More Local Customs in Puerto Rico (2)
More Reviews (79)
- See All Pizza in Old San Juan
- See All Class system in Puerto Rico
- See All Mosquito Net and Mosquito Repellant
- See All Wear comfortable shoes!
- See All Plaza del Cuarter de Ballaja
joiwatani's Related Pages
Have you been to Puerto Rico?Share Your Travels