VIALE Bar Ristorante: "Huge Tasty Gourmet dishes especially the Duck" Top 5 Page for this destination Larnaca Restaurant Tip by greekcypriot

Larnaca Restaurants: 48 reviews and 136 photos

Gourmet tasty dishes at the Viale Restaurant
      Gourmet tasty dishes at the Viale Restaurant
    by greekcypriot
      The huge tasty salad we had
    by greekcypriot
      Prawns with ouzo and rice
      Interior decor of the Viale
    by greekcypriot

It is obvious that several people want to harm businesses through the net and this is the reason for some bad comments I found before making my booking at the Viale Restaurant when I was still in Greece. I don?t trust anybody unless I try it myself. I had heard only good comments from friends in Larnaca on a previous trip so I decided to include it as a meeting spot for dinner with my sister who lives at the very corner opposite the restaurant. Our dinner at the Viale was like a test actually to me, to check on the reliability of its negative comments.

The restaurant is just opposite the American Academy and it is always crowded in the evenings. It is actually a combination of a café bar restaurant in the daytime, with variety of drinks to choose from. It is a meeting spot for business meetings and special occasions and popular to both young and elder people. For myself it is an ideal spot for lunch or dinner outing.

I was amazed with the huge portions of excellent and tasty food we had that evening.
I love seafood and I ordered prawns while my sister had a chicken dish which she loved.
I would give my dish an A if I had to grade it. The service was excellent with a high standard of professionalism. I just cannot understand why the bad comments! Music is soft and you can relax and have fun with your friends out here.

Some friends recommended the duck but I am not very fond of meat myself. I had the chance to taste just a bite or two when I requested to try it. It tasted lovely, but it was not my piece of cake since I try to avoid meat. My friends just love it.

The night we were there the restaurant was full, and yet the service was prompt showing professionalism and I was amazed how clearly we could hear each other when talking, even though we were sitting outside next to the street with the many cars passing by. Viale is a friendly spot and it has always been friendly and popular ever since it started business. I did not find it expensive at all, with tasty food and huge portions. There are so many gourmet dishes to choose from that you want to return and taste more!

I consider it an asset in the city of Larnaca, and I would love to return and try some other dishes which the owner Mr. Thomas Ktorides recommended.

The next morning I stopped for a cup of coffee on my way from the hotel to my parents? home. The restaurant had more than 10 people I counted that morning enjoying their coffee. I appreciated the fact that there are smokers? and non-smokers? areas to sit and not be bothered by the smoking of the cigarette lovers. The age of people I saw that morning started from late 20?s to 65?s, mostly people from Larnaca, and people who work or keep a business in the round area.

I consider it one of the best in the city of Larnaca.

Address: 56 Gr. Afxendiou Ave.
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +246 64888 or 99648248
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Diner

• Updated Oct 13, 2011

greekcypriot Used To Live Here!

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Have you been to Larnaca?