"The quirky wall" Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Things to Do Tip by tropicrd
Cairns Things to Do: 365 reviews and 827 photos
In 1993 an artist (Nicholas Globe) was commissioned to create a sculptered wall to celebrate the openeing of Tanks as an art centre.The tanks were used by the Navy to store oil during world war 2.
The artist created a temporary,organic piece of public art that would eventually,over time be enveloped by its natural environment and surroundings.
in keeping with the artist's original vision.
If you are strolling through the Tanks then look for this wall,there are some weird sculptures of heads,people,urns and all kinds of stuff.
Who knows what may be under all those branches and jungle!!!
Address: Tanks art Centre,Collins Avenue,Cairns QLD
Directions: Next to the Flecker Botanical Gardens in Collins Avenue,Edge Hill/North Cairns.
Main Tanks Art Centre Gate entry,left side wall.
More Reviews (84)
- See All Cairns newest Tropical & Romantic...
- See All Good coffee at the club
- See All Stop for fresh fruit and vegies.
- See All Don't get stuck in the mud.
- See All Drive on a dusty country road
- See All Working holidays in Cairns
- See All qconnect--new bus timetables
- Galleries have control of Indigenous...
- See All "Your shout mate"
- Pandamonium Live Bands
- See All Fishing list and tips for Families.
- See All Sport at Cazaly's,Cairns
tropicrd's Related Pages
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels