Cafe Caira: "Restaurant/Take AWay" Top 5 Page for this destination Howth Restaurant Tip by suvanki

Howth Restaurants: 25 reviews and 45 photos

Cafe Caira
by suvanki

After our walk from Sutton to Howth, we realised that we were hungry. A whiff of fish and chips from this cafe enticed us to join the small queue. On my first visit to Howth 'Years Ago' I'd enjoyed a take away tray of calimari and chips from Beshoffs, which I'd been wanting to try again, but, we were planning to walk along the nearby East Pier, so decided to buy here instead.
We ordered 2 bags of chips (2.30 Euros each). We had to wait about 5 minutes, while our chips were 'double fried' then served in thick paper bags. I doused mine in white vinegar and salt. (I'm more used to (brown) malt vinegar, but noticed in the cafes and bars of Dublin, that white vinegar was the norm)

We ate our chips while strolling on the upper harbour wall - it was quite breezy, so we had to tightly grip the chip bag!

I enjoyed my chips, they were good, but not as memorable or tasty as those I'd enjoyed before at Beshoffs, which is located at the DART station end of Harbour Road.

Take Away or Sit in - Fish and Chips, burgers, pizza etc.

Favorite Dish: We only ate chips here as we weren't too hungry - as always, when weather permits, best eaten outdoors accompanied by a salty sea breeze!!

Address: 1, East Pier Howth
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: From the DART Station, turn Left and head straight down Harbour Road. Approaching East Pier, You'll spot this cafe at the foot of the road that leads to The Church of The Assumption and The House cafe
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Fast Food

• Updated Apr 22, 2015

suvanki Visits Here Frequently!

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Howth?