"Wonderful stay every time" Murray House Tip by Haaaggy

Murray House, Harrogate: 97 reviews and 0 photos

Having a job which required me to stay in Harrogate a few nights a week for 6 months, I was very much in need of somewhere good to rely upon. Murray House came recommended by a colleague, and it was everything I needed and more.

All of the rooms are clean, light and well-supplied (tea/coffee etc. and chocolate biscuits - very much appreciated after a long day at work!), the en-suites have nice hot powershowers, there is on-street parking (they give you a permit) and the location is easy walking distance for the town centre (takes about 5 minutes to most places).

The breakfast was great (the bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette was my favourite). They have a good selection (cereals/fruit etc. or cooked) and serve Betty's tea and coffee (to my shame I got into a habit of having an entire pot-full every morning).

However, the best thing about Murray House is definitely Tracey and Neil's wonderful hospitality. They are extraordinarily accommodating (as well as being geuinely lovely) and did so much to make sure I had a good stay; I can truthfully say that I didn't have a bad night there for the whole 6 months.

Unique Qualities: Very powerful showers, lovely proprietors.

Address: 67 Franklin Road, Harrogate, HG1 5EH, United Kingdom
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Roughly town centre
Phone: 01423 505857
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Oct 12, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Harrogate?