"Roiten - Hundertwasser-museum & his hut" Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Off The Beaten Path Tip by globetrott
Austria Off The Beaten Path: 171 reviews and 386 photos
Rointen is a small village in the north-west of Vienna (drivingtime there is about 1,5 hours by car). The famous painter Friedensreich Hundertwasser used to live there in a tiny hut without running water, right in the middle of the giant woods there. (The name of this hut is "Hahnsäge" , see it in my 1st and in my last picture).
In Roiten you will see a village-museum decorated by F. Hundertwasser and next to it a small museum about his works and life, some prints of his paintings, lots of photos, his pyjama and his Velo-Solex-moped (my 4th picture) !
Read more about it in my Roiten-page !
More Off The Beaten Path in Austria (50)
More Reviews (120)
- See All the cheapest train between Vienna &...
- See All 288 attractions in & around Vienna for...
- See All Kufstein: a great stop-over in Tirol
- See All Vienna: The SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All heavenly cakes and coffee in Hangar7
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Austria?Share Your Travels