"The weather..... is unpredictable (haha)" Steingaden Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Trekki

Steingaden Warnings and Dangers: 1 reviews and 3 photos

View from my balcony October 5, 2011

View from my balcony October 5, 2011
      View from my balcony October 8, 2011
      View from my balcony October 8, 2011
    by Trekki

Of course this is not a real warning or danger tip, but one of the ?be aware? kind, especially for the dreamer ones like me. This is the part of Bavaria which is close to the Alps and that means that weather can change quite quickly.
When I was here in early October 2011, I arrived at beautiful sunshine and rather warm temperatures (approx. 25°C all the time). The forecast was optimistic for the next days but dreaming me just didn?t think of changes... I heard that it would get colder at the end of my planned days and luckily I found a Tchibo shop (usually for coffee but also for other daily items) nearby where I could buy at least a new fleece jacket (although I have already several..., but at home). But even though the weather forecast said ?snow down to the lower regions?, my ?summer-programmed? brain didn?t realise that this can mean indeed snow. So I was shocked to put it mildly when I woke up on October 8 and saw snow on my bathroom window. Oh my... It stayed for a couple of hours but since the temperatures were not below freezing it didn?t stay. Luckily the temperatures were rising again on the following Sunday which made it easy for me to drive back home. Which was good because my car did not yet have snow tyres....

So be prepared. Bring warm clothes even if the forecast is good and sunny!

© Ingrid D., October 2011.

continue with next review => Steingaden's past and present

• Updated Mar 17, 2012

Comments

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Steingaden?