La Cascada Puerto: "One of the Best" Isla de Lanzarote Restaurant Tip by SabrinaSummerville

Isla de Lanzarote Restaurants: 135 reviews and 159 photos

• One of the Best - Isla de Lanzarote
      Window Display
      Sizzling prawns
      T-bone
  • One of the Best - Isla de Lanzarote

I have heard it said that La Cascada Puerto is immediately recognisable by the long queues of enthusiastic diners that form outside every evening, waiting for tables. We were lucky and didn't have to queue.

We happened upon this place by accident rather than by design. I was drawn by the mouthwatering displays of meat tastefully displayed in the windoes opening onto the street. The whole facade of the place is inviting and that includes the tapas bar next door, which appears to be under the same management.

We were quickly seated in this crowded (but not overcrowded), attractive eatery and a menu with vast choice was quickly presented. Service is quick and pleasant. The staff strive to make you feel comfortable and at home. The decor is very Spanish, tasteful and warm.

What I found very impressive indeed was that the staff are not out to screw you of your last euro. I asked them to send over a bottle of wine or champagne to some friends at a nearby table - instead of encouraging them to chose the most expensive, as many restaurants would, they recommended a good mid priced wine that far from broke the bank.

Favorite Dish: We started by sharing dishes of sizzling mushrooms and sizzling prawns. Typiocally Canarian dishes I've been having these for years in various eateries all over these islands. These were some of the best yet - large portions, beautifully cooked - none of these tiny little shrimps passing themselves off as prawns.

I requested a t-bone steak for my main course but nothing could have prepared me for the enormous portion of wonderfully succulent meat that filled my plate. Indeed, so huge was it that I had to request a doggie bag - even that was served with aplomb, wrapped in a vacum pack to seal in all juices and seal out all germs.

My dessert was a divine fruit and chocolate concoction, just perfect to finish the meal.

With a bottle of Princesa Ico, the entire bill totalled around ?95 for starter, main course, and dessert for two and that also included my gift to my friends. Good value for the best quality.

Address: C/Roque Nublo No 5, Pto. del Carmen, Lanzarote
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Walk uphill from the old harbour in the direction of the large shopping centre - the restaurant is on your right.
Phone: 928 512953
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Written Oct 11, 2011

More Restaurants in Isla de Lanzarote (1)

Comments

SabrinaSummerville

“"I am of Ireland....Come dance with me in Ireland", W.B. Yeats”

Have you been to Isla de Lanzarote?