"Cabs for women" Top 5 Page for this destination Johannesburg Transportation Tip by Moirads

Johannesburg Transportation: 93 reviews and 82 photos

Some years ago I was out with a friend and he, the driver, had one or two drinks too many, so we decided to call a taxi. The first driver who arrived was surely in a worse condition for drink than my friend, so we sent him away and demanded another. The other was none too clean and in the end I chose to sleep over in my clothes rather than risk another dodgy driver.

Other women have obviously had similar unpleasant experiences and they have now started a company called "Cabs for Women". This is backed by one of the big insurance companies in South Africa, Telesure, who market it as part of their services for 1st for Women Insurance. However, it is a service available to all women passengers and all the drivers are women and the cab company is owned by women.

All drivers have professional driving permits and all vehicles are fitted with route planning devices and every cab is equipped with a meter so that pricing is transparent and consistent.

Safe travels!

Phone: 0861 777 7778
Type: Other
Website: http://www.cabsforwomen.co.za

• Written Oct 11, 2011

Moirads Used To Live Here!

Have you been to Johannesburg?