"El Puerto Argentinian Grill - Ybor City" Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Tampa Restaurants: 286 reviews and 570 photos

El Puerto
by Ewingjr98
      El Puerto
    by Ewingjr98
  • - Tampa

El Puerto is a great Argentinian restaurant that features a huge assortment of grilled meats, but also offers a variety of seafood. We had dinner here one busy Saturday night and the only available seats were at the crowded bar. We squatted down on two stools, ordered a few Dos Equis beers, and looked over the menu.

I quickly decided on what is probably the biggest dinner on the menu, called the Parrillada, which is $22 for one person or $40 for two people. This massive meal consists of seven grilled meats, a grilled onion, and two sides. The meats are Argentinian sausage, short ribs, skirt steak, chicken breast, pork chop, sweet bread or molleja (some kind of internal organ), and morcilla (blood sausage). The sausages were tender and juicy, as was the skirt steak. The short ribs were a bit gristly, and the chicken and pork ended up overcooking on the hot iron skillet upon which they serve the meats. For my sides, I ordered the black beans and yellow rice; the rice never arrived, but I was stuffed after all that meat anyway.

The food was really good, and served in a massive quantity--they really could cut the portion in half and satisfy most customers! The service was OK, but nothing special, especially at the bar, where there was no dedicated bartender. They only charged me for one of my two beers, so I guess that made up for the missing rice and average service.

Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated Sep 12, 2012

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Tampa?