Gasthof Schweiger: "Next to Wies church, very good meals & cakes" Steingaden Restaurant Tip by Trekki

Steingaden Restaurants: 2 reviews and 4 photos

My salad (no meat)
      My salad (no meat)
      My pancake soup
    by Trekki

Next to Wieskirche (Wies Church) Gasthof Schweiger is located and from what I saw and ate the dishes are pretty good. On my first evening after having visited the church, I had an excellent huge salad and a pancake soup here. Both were very tasty, especially the salad. Together with a latte macchiato before and apple spritzer (mixture of apple juice and water) I paid 16,60 Euro in October 2011. (My salad isn?t on the online menu; I simply ordered the big one without the meat, which was 2 Euro less than the meat one).
Gasthof Schweiger has many seatings inside although I didn?t count them and approx. eight tables outside. I only sat outside on this lovely warm late summer evening (Oct. 2, 2011). But given the huge crowds of visitors which walked up to the church during the afternoon I would guess that it can get quite loud during the day, especially during weekends.

One way of ?warning? though: although the opening hours are announced as daily from 9:00 to 18:00, the doors were already closed when I came on my last evening at approx. 17:45 (on a Saturday). Closed on Fridays in winter.

Alternatives near Wies Church:
Gasthof Moser next to the huge parking area. The menu looks also inviting and according to their website they are open until 19:00 and until 23:30 on Sundays and holidays. Closed on Wednesdays.
(I was told that this restaurant closes earlier than Gasthof Schweiger, but since I didn?t check it personally, I was without dinner on said Saturday evening, haha).

Location of Gasthof Schweiger on Google Maps.

© Ingrid D., October 2011.

continue with next review => other food options in town

Address: Wies 9, 86989 Steingaden
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +49 - 08862 - 500
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Local

• Updated Mar 17, 2012

More Restaurants in Steingaden (1)

Trekki Visits Here Frequently!

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Steingaden?