"JURKOVIC HOUSE" Luhacovice Things to Do Tip by balhannah

Luhacovice Things to Do: 13 reviews and 32 photos

by balhannah

When I saw the amazing Jurkovic House, I just stood, and stared! Wow! It was beautiful!

It is a remodelled version of a house that was built in 1822 on this site. The architect, Dusan Jurkovic, built most of the wonderful buildings that I will describe in future tips, and it was he, who in 1902, remodelled this House.
Since then, between 2000 and 2002, a restaurant and a swimming pool were added, and the exterior and interior were renovated, so as to return them as much as possible, to their original condition based on research and period photographs.

I didnt go inside, I didn't know if that was possible as I wasn't a guest! I did read that furnishing's include original chaise longues, mirrors, coat hangers, sofas, chairs, table, bench, flower stands, toilette mirror stands and tables with ceramic top, all designed by Jurkovic. I had a peep through the lower window's, and could see and smell the spa. If his inside work is as beautiful as his outside, then it would have to be something to see!

Now, for the outside, and here you will see new and old. The 3rd floor, which is half-timbered, and the beautifully designed roof was added by Jurkovic. Art Nouveau folk style Swan's greet you at the front door! I also found some small frescoes on the exterior. The facade of this building is amazing!

I walked the whole way around to see every side, and every side is different, so it is a must do!

It is located in the middle of the spa park

Directions: Lazenske namesti 109, 763 26 Luhacovice
Website: http://www.czechtourism.com/what-to-see/spa/Spa-places/Luhacovice.aspx

• Updated Oct 9, 2011

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Hmm, I don't know if I find this as beautiful as you did - somehow it does not "grab me"! But it is certainly very impressive!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Have you been to Luhacovice?