"Diving Phu Quoc October" Phu Quoc Things to Do Tip by teeterouge

Phu Quoc Things to Do: 46 reviews and 100 photos

Just been back from 3 days in Phu Quoc. Despite the rain (heavy sometimes) on and off we wanted to have a try at diving.
We went with Vietnam Explorer, we were honestly told visibility was poor 2m, but we still wanted to have a try. I didn't do the second dive more shallow around 10m but was told it was better (4 to 5m visibility, with fish to see this time). For the safety I didn't feel a 100% safe but my buddy did feel safe, so I guess it depends. Altough the material seemed of good quality, the divemaster didn't have a computer for diving, and when they saw I was hesitant as for the question of loosing someone due to the lack of visibility they added a second divemaster to follow (we were 4 fun divers).
If you plan your holiday specifically for diving I'd say avoid October season (we were told from November it should be fine) but if it's just for the beach activity actually this season is interestig, you don't have the crystal blue water, on the other hand you can show up at any hotel without booking, you have some beaches just for youself with nice waves, and the water temperature is still around 28C.

Address: Phu Quoc

• Written Oct 9, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Phu Quoc?