Scott's of Caroline Street: "Wonderful Food, Excellent Service, Great Prices" Cork Restaurant Tip by SabrinaSummerville

Cork Restaurants: 79 reviews and 79 photos

Looking at my watch with pangs of hunger assaulting my insides I realised we were long past standard lunchtime restaurant service hours. Cork in the recession is not like it used to be. Times were you would find your favourite restaurant open round the clock but that's a distant memory.

So we found ourselves on the lookout for a good spot with good food.......and we stumbled on Scott's. With a frontage on Caroline Street, Scott's is just a stone's throw from the General Post Office. As soon as you walk through the doors and immerse yourself in the busy hum you realise you're in the right place. The aroma of delicious carvery food filled my nostrils and I quickly found a nice comfy seat in spite of the fact that the place is almost full to capacity.

At the carvery there was a good selection and I quickly opted for the baked salmon. Mum had the roast half chicken. I paid for both, at a cost of ?21 for the two, and was surprised and delighted to discover the cost included a complimentary hot beverage.

The plates were piled with a very large helping of meat/fish, crispy potato wedges, mashed potato, and three veg. Add to that the sauce or gravy of your choice from the menu and I found I was very well satisfied. Indeed, Mum couldn't finish her meal because she was so full.

This gastropub is to be highly recommended.

Address: Caroline Street., Cork
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: City Centre near the Post Office.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4

• Written Oct 9, 2011

SabrinaSummerville Used To Live Here!

“"I am of Ireland....Come dance with me in Ireland", W.B. Yeats”

Have you been to Cork?