"Musée d'Orsay - My "coup de cœur"." Top 5 Page for this destination Musée d'Orsay Tip by breughel

Musée d'Orsay, Paris: 18 reviews and 26 photos

Orsay coup de coeur - Sisley winter landscape.
by breughel

Orsay coup de coeur - Sisley winter landscape.
      Musée d'Orsay
    by breughel
      Orsay coup de coeur - "Little girl crying".
    by breughel
      "La nuit étoilée sur le Rhône" Van Gogh.
    by breughel

Favorite thing: This is my favorite paintings museum in Paris, for the quality of the works on display but also the architecture of the former Gare d'Orsay. I like the complexity of the plan, the level differences, and the great clock.

At each of my visits to the Musée d'Orsay - I am fortunate to live at 1h20 from Paris by the fast Thalys train - I stop a long time in front of some of my favorite paintings, my "coups de cœur" which make my hart bounce and my eyes shine with pleasure.
One of them is a rather large winter landscape called "La Pie" (the magpie) from Claude Monet.
Further I admire "Country Dance" and "Dance in the City" by Auguste Renoir.
Followed by the twenty excellent Van Gogh paintings with "l'Eglise d'Auvers-sur-Oise", "La nuit étoilée sur le Rhône" and "Les Roulottes".
Then there are these remarkable academic, impressionist or realistic nudes about whom I wrote a complete review in "things to do" (not yet censored!).

Furthermore in addition to the paintings the Musée d'Orsay presents nearly 200 sculptures from the 19th century many from Rodin. My favorite piece is a wonderful bronze statue of Albert Bartholomew "Little girl crying".

The Musée d'Orsay is undergoing important transformation works until the end of 2011. I'm eager to see again all my beloved works of art in their new presentation.
I did so in March 2012 - ref my new review in "Things to do"

Open: 9.30 -18 h from Monday till Sunday (21.45 h on Thursday).
Closed: Monday.
Price (2012): 9 €, reduced 6,50 €, free < 18 yr or 18 - 25 yr from the EU.

Fondest memory: Discovering wonderful paintings at the Musée d'Orsay.

Review Helpfulness: 5 out of 5 stars

• Updated May 18, 2012

Comments

breughel

“Heureux qui, comme Ulysse, a fait un beau voyage”

Have you been to Paris?