"3 Stars in Convenient Location" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Saechsischer Hof Tip by Kathrin_E

Hotel Saechsischer Hof, Chemnitz: 13 reviews and 3 photos

Hotel Sächsischer Hof
      Hotel Sächsischer Hof
    by Kathrin_E
      Brühl with the hotel on the right
    by Kathrin_E
      View into the backyard from my window
    by Kathrin_E

I picked the hotel mostly because of its location, conveniently close to the station and the city centre. It is a locally and family owned place, which to me is a plus (I don't believe in big chains). Sächsischer Hof well deserves its three stars. The room was newly renovated with a modern bathroom and a good bed. (Sorry I forgot to take a photo of the room.)

The hotel has a restaurant on the ground floor but I did not eat there - it looked quite good, though. The breakfast buffet was really nice.

The only problem was that one day my room was not cleaned because the cleaner had not yet completed her round by 2 p.m.! The complaint with the boss obtained me, as compensation, a nice big calendar with photos of Saxony for next year (and the cleaner an unpleasant talk with her boss, I assume).

Their website looks sort of incomplete at the moment but the photos will give you an idea. I booked the hotel via www.hrs.de.

Unique Qualities: - Family owned

- convenient location: less than 10 minutes walk from the central station, one block from the bus station, walking distance to city centre, Theaterplatz, Schlossteich.

- abundant breakfast buffet

- in theory quiet, in a pedestrianized street and most rooms look into the courtyard - unless some students in the houses around are having a party... See my Brühl tip about the housing project for students in this quarter.

Address: Bruehl 26, 09111 Chemnitz, Germany
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Oct 8, 2011

“Life is too short to drink bad wine.”

Have you been to Chemnitz?