"El Cafeto" Top 5 Page for this destination El Cafeto Tip by MalenaN

Yummy breakfast!
      Yummy breakfast!
      Breakfast at El Cafeto
  • - Quito

El Cafeto is a small café on Chile, not far from where I stayed. They serve breakfast, snacks like sandwiches and humitas, cakes and different coffee and tea. The coffee they serve is made by organic Ecuadorian beans. When I visited in June I came here a few times to rest from all sight seeing . This is what I paid in June 2011:
White chocolate cake $1.95
Cappuccino $2.50
Guayaba juice (with milk) $1.99
Cheese cake and herbal tea $ 3.80

In August I came back a few times to eat breakfast. It was a very good breakfast with good coffee and bread, eggs and a fruit juice. The breakfast was $3.25 (August 2011). The café doesn?t open until 8.30 (sometimes earlier the other years I have visited) so it is a bit too late for breakfast though, but at my hotel the coffee tasted more like coloured water, so I went here instead.

Update 2012: In June, July and August I went to El Cafeto many times to eat breakfast. There are other places where breakfast is cheaper, but I like their breakfast with coffee, juice, bread (very good) and eggs. It is a quiet place and there is enough room on the table for a newspaper.

They open the doors when they arrive in the morning, around 8 o?clock and start serving breakfast as soon as they have prepared things, sometimes not until 8.30 and sometimes earlier.

This is what I paid in August 2012:
Breakfast $3.25
Large hot chocolate $3.25
Large coffee and cheesecake $5.50 and $5.20
Update July 2013 and August 2014: The breakfast (coffee, bread, juice and egg) is still $3.25.

Address: Chile 930 y Flores