Nou American Soda: "Never Enter this Tricky Restaurant" Nou American Soda Tip by bwy604

Nou American Soda, Barcelona: 2 reviews and 5 photos

Tricky Poster
      Tricky Poster
      Tricky Restaurant
      Skyhigh price for everything
    by bwy604

We chose this restaurant because beside the door there is a blackboard saying "Tapa+paella+postre euro11.99". When we sat down and were given the menus, I ordered for two set menus while pointing at poster outside the door, the waitress with black hair did not tell me that the price is for designated choices. So I ordered two sets of menu, with tapas, paellas, and beer and cola. When we almost finished, I mean, we did not finish the drink, the black man came to us and gave me a bill of 50.2 euro, more than double the price I expected! Then he said I did not tell them we wanted the set menu, and the girl denied that I asked for SET MENU. The black man also pushed us to pay by saying that they were going to close the door soon, but at that time some other guests went in and they were also introduced to seats! The prices are astonishingly high when shown on the bill, more than double the price we usually see, and they explained the VAT was included so... Never enter this tricky restaurant called NOU AMERICAN SODA (Sant Pau. 2), just facing the L3 metro station Liceu on Ramblas!

Favorite Dish: Considering the price for each dish, it's just not worthwhile!

Address: Sant Pau. 2, on Ramblas, facing L3 station Liceu
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Ramblas, L3 station Liceu outlet
Phone: 93.318.60.77
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 1
Theme: Local

• Written Oct 8, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Barcelona?