Belleview Biltmore: "One of Forida's Gems" Florida Hotel Tip by tddbann

Florida Hotels: 167 reviews and 149 photos

My daughter and I visited this hotel right before it was closed for rennovations. We wanted to get away from the daily commutes and workday stress. Frankly, we wanted a place to reconnect.

She found the place on the internet while we were looking for places to stay. Since I taught Florida History, I was excited about the adventure. She was a bit skeptical since some of the reviews were a bit negative. With some hesitation, we made reservations to stay at the hotel in the Autumn. I am so glad we did!

While the lobby doesn't reflect the history of the hotel, it was pleasantly decorated for the season and ghost tours were in full swing. The room was pleasant and clean and the grounds were beautifully kept. The hallways and shops were an adventure to explore. We also had the pleasure of experiencing a wedding was taking place and enjoyed the excitement of the wedding party as they went on scavenger hunts around the hotel.

While some of the reviews don't reflect our opinions,we have looked forward to the reopening of the hotel. We would like to go back and take our entire family. We are both confident that they would all share our excitement about this landmark.

Unique Qualities: The grounds are a sight to behold and the food was very good.

Address: Dunedin, Florida
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On the golf course.
Phone: 904- 955-4260
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel

• Written Oct 7, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Florida?