Cafe Italia: "The best italian food and a great place." Qingdao Restaurant Tip by Michael_Ventura

Qingdao Restaurants: 27 reviews and 27 photos

This new small restaurant is situated in downtown right next to the famous Cafe Cona in The Coffe and Tea Art Street (Min Jiang Er Lu). I actually tried this place just because there was no free tables in Café Cona that is considered to have the best coffee in Qingdao. The coffee I had in Café Italia Restaurant turned out to be much better and the price is cheaper. The owner said they brought it from Italy, as all other stuff in the restaurant. They have the best espresso I?ve ever tried in Qingdao.

There is a various list of dishes in menu, such as pasta, pizza etc. A big (too big) plate of pasta costs 50 RMB, and it was really delicious. The plate was so big that next time we visited this place we ordered 1 pasta for 2 people ? and were full. They have a delicious seafood pizza (round 70 RMB), and always give you free bread that is backed right in the restaurant and made of Italian flower.

The restaurant has a very comfortable terrace and 2 floors inside. I really enjoyed the environment and furniture, that was also brought from Italy and France, as the owner said. Here you actually forget that you are in China. The staff speak good English, the restaurant has a French and Italian cooks. The only thing I didn?t like about this restaurant is their Tiramisu dessert, that was not as it should be.

All in all this is my favorite restaurant by now, considering the perfect environment, delicious food and very reasonable prices. I hope they will stay the same in future.

Address: 19 MinJiangEr Lu 闽江二路
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Right next to famous Cafe Cona
Phone: 0532-85754089
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Written Oct 7, 2011

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Qingdao?