"Take a photo with a troll." Top 5 Page for this destination Geysir Things to Do Tip by Regina1965

Geysir Things to Do: 39 reviews and 123 photos

I by the troll in 2010.
      I by the troll in 2010.
      A photo which JumpingNorman merged together :D
      In July 2013.
    by Regina1965
      With VT-members on the chair by the troll.
    by Regina1965
      With Dee "Balhannah" in May 2013.
    by Regina1965

Above the hotel at Geysir there is a troll - not an elf, as they look like humans - but a big troll :)

We Icelanders not only believe in the existance of elves, we also believe in trolls. But that is a different kind of belief. Because we know that the elves are alive now, but the trolls we know of are all petrified as they didn't make it home before sunrise. So they are kind of in the past, Icelanders don't think they will encounter a big troll while travelling in Iceland - just the petrified ones. But there are so many tales in Iceland of encounters with the trolls - maybe they are still alive? And let´s not forget that they eat humans!

So if you want a photo with a troll this is the place. JumpingNorman got his photo taken with the troll when he visited Iceland and so did I ;) And he merged our photos together - I love it, thanks Norman :)

I visited the troll again in May and July 2013 with VT-members, and then a big chair had been placed by the troll.

Directions: Above Geysir hotel by the road.

• Updated Oct 18, 2013

• HackneyBird's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

He looks like a very happy troll Regina! Like you I'm really into myths and folklore. ;-)

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Oct 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Yes, it is a friendly troll ;) opposite to what they are in the stories I have read on trolls. I love myths and folklore :)

• May 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I want a similar pic when I visit in July! :-)

Regina1965 Visits Here Frequently!

“Bon Voyage :)”