"Fly in if you are coming from..." Train Tip by joecooper
Train, Amsterdam: 33 reviews and 41 photos
Fly in if you are coming from outside mainland Europe or the UK. Flights are dirt cheap from the UK but don't use EasyJet (See my Europe page for why!) Alternativly, Stenaline run a train and ferry service from London to Amsterdam for just £49 return. A friend and his girlfriend are coming over from Cheltenham for just £99 return to Amsterdam for them both, but that is with a local coach company. If you are travelling from local mainland Europe (Germany, France, Benelux), the train is probably your best bet (Centraal Station shown).
You can hire bikes (MacBike: Marnixstraat 220
(020) 626 69 64 / Mr. Visserplein 2
(020) 620 09 85) or bring your own on the train. Walking is also good as the centre is not too big. If you need to travel medium to long distance around Amsterdam then trams are the best option. You can generally rely on public transport in The Netherlands.
More Transportation in Amsterdam (1)
More Reviews (20)
- See All Dam Square
- The Westside - Most people...
- See All BIKE!! Where? Smash! **!!...
- See All Euro Bar - I should have known...
joecooper's Related Pages
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels