"Subway lines 1 & 2" South Korea Transportation Tip by JoxParadise

South Korea Transportation: 126 reviews and 97 photos

For accessing the city of Daegu it is wise to get a city map and look at where the subway takes you. I am still learning my way around and after 3 weeks, I'm wondering if I should be further along. The subway cost as of October 6, 2011, is 1200 won one way. See the subway customer service office for getting a discount card that you can refill to save money if you plan on using the subway often. The subway hits all main points, but if you're going off the beaten path, it won't help. You'll have to walk, catch a bus or taxi to get there. This is an awesome experience, but overwhelming at times due to the language barrier. I missed my stop at Seomun Market and asked a teenager how I could get back. He could only point and smile. After getting off at the next stop a woman behind me came to tell me to just catch the other line going back. No additional token needed. This means you don't walk upstairs just stay in the lower track level and cross over to the next side, 1 or 2.

The most humbling experience I've had with transportation was when I got into a taxi after 2 a.m. and he couldn't find my block (even with the navigation system). Meanwhile, the fee for my taxi service was adding up $$$. I then pulled out my business card and had him input that address. As soon as we drove a few blocks east I recognized the restaurant I live 1 block from. With a series of grunts and finger pointing managed to get him to stop. I immediately pulled out my wallet to pay him the 14000 won, but then he grunted and gave me back 2000 won and softly said, "sorry." I looked into his eyes and smiled.

I will get some photos up as soon as I can. The Daegu pages are going to come up slowly because I'm still learning my way around.

Mode: AROUND
othercontact: businfo.daegu.go.kr
Phone: 053-661-2194
Type: Subway/Metro
Website: http://www.dtro.or.kr

• Updated Oct 7, 2011

Comments

JoxParadise Used To Live Here!

JoxParadise

“"Seek and you shall find"”

Ranked Member

Have you been to South Korea?