"Three Restaurants and Hostels" Top 5 Page for this destination Hostal Pachamama Tip by MalenaN

Hostal Pachamama, Laguna Quilotoa: 2 reviews and 10 photos

Lunch at Restaurante Pachamama after the hike

Lunch at Restaurante Pachamama after the hike
      Lunch at Restaurante y Hostal Pachamama
      Lunch at restaurante y Hostal Chukirawa
  • - Laguna Quilotoa
  • - Laguna Quilotoa

Near the rim of the crater, just on the opposite side of the road from where the path down to the lagoon begins, are three restaurants and hostels. From left to right they are Princesa Toa, Restaurante y Hostal Pachamama and Restaurante y Hostal Chukirawa. At least at the two last ones the price for a room, including breakfast and dinner, is $10 (July 2011).

After the hike from Chugchilán I had lunch at Hostal Chukirawa. I got a soup and then a plate with chicken, rice and French fries. The portion was very small and I was still hungry after finishing it. I also got a small juice. The lunch was $3.

The next day, after hiking around the rim of the crater, I went to Hostal Pachamama for lunch. I liked this place better because the atmosphere was warm and welcoming and I talked to some nice people during the lunch. First I got a soup with quinoa and then, on the main plate, there was once again chicken, rice and French fries, but this time the portion was bigger. To drink hot water was served for coffee or tea. I had an extra coffee, but was not charged for that. The lunch was $3. I ate here in 2012 as well and the lunch was $3 then too.

Across the road, up at the crater rim there is another place to eat, the cooperative-run Kirutwa. When I visited in 2011 it was not open, but in 2012 I went inside to have a look. No one was eating at the moment, but I saw that from some tables it is a good view over the lagoon. VT-member toonsarah has eaten here and she enjoyed her meal. You can read her tip here.

Address: Quilotoa, Laguna Quilotoa
Price Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Updated Feb 10, 2013

Comments

Have you been to Laguna Quilotoa?