Coromandel: "Delicious Indian Cuisine" Top 5 Page for this destination Milford Restaurant Tip by LadyRVG

Milford Restaurants: 49 reviews and 159 photos

Waiting for the delicious experience to begin
      Waiting for the delicious experience to begin
      Hubby enjoying his meal
      Lamb Saag and Aloo Gobi Palek
      Vegetable Samosa
    by LadyRVG

I simply adore Indian food; I could eat it every day. Coromandel is one of those restaurants that if you didn?t know about it you?d probably pass it by since it?s tucked in the back corner of a strip mall.

The restaurant itself is a nice size with two large seating areas as well as a bar area. The décor is lively with a bright palette of colors on the walls, tables and light fixtures. Colorful murals and paintings adorn the walls as Indian music is piped softly throughout. I enjoy when a restaurant sets the scene for enjoying a terrific meal with my husband or with friends.
The menu is full of variety with dishes from different regions of India. There are nice selections of lamb, chicken, fish and vegetarian items. The appetizer selection is vast and full of tasty street snacks. They have daily specials posted in the menu as well as an extensive wine, beer and cocktail listing. On weekends (Saturday & Sunday) there is a wonderful lunch buffet packed with tasty food. Portions here are big so be prepared to leave with a doggie bag.

If you don?t see something on the menu; ask them. Numerous times I have had off menu dishes that they happily whipped up for me. Indian food can be intimidating to newbies but don?t be afraid to ask the ingredients or spice level of a dish. The staff here is so friendly and accommodating; no question is unimportant.

As you are seated there is a basket of Palappam (crispy thin bread) along with some chutneys. I love this bread it is so good especially with a sweet chutney on top. The Vegetetable Samosas and the vegetable platter are my favorite appetizers. The Samosas are so good with just the right amount of spice and their crispy shell?yum! I am more of a veg person when it comes to Indian food and my husband enjoys lamb. He favors their Lamb Saag while I love the Aloo Gobi Palek and Baigan Bharta. The Aloo Gobi Palek is a delicious mix of potato and cauliflower in a spinach sauce. It is just so good, it?s hard to not order it every time. The Baigan Bharta is a lovely eggplant dish but it has a spicy kick to it; I have to be in the mood for some spice to order it.

All dishes come with their Basmati rice which has slivers of almonds, peas and some golden raisins on top. We usually order some Garlic Naan with our meal to dip in the delicious sauces of our dishes. My husband usually orders a beer either a Kingfisher or a Taj Mahal. Depending on my mood I?ll either have a Taj Mahal or one of their freshly made sweet lime sodas. If you love lime; it?s a must to try their soda?it is heaven in a glass and so refreshing.

Service here is incredibly; very friendly and accommodating. I have never had a complaint about service or food quality. It really is the best Indian food in the area for me.

Favorite Dish: The Aloo Gobi Palek is my hands down favorite along with the Vegetable Samosa.

Address: 185 Post Road
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (203) 795 9055