Makiling Onsen Hotel: "Authentic Japanese Hot Baths" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Laguna Hotel Tip by nixca316

Province of Laguna Hotels: 10 reviews and 26 photos

Private Onsen
    by nixca316
      Studio Deluxe Family Room(up to 6pax)
    by nixca316

We discovered this place by accident. Although this is on the main thoroughfare, when your mind is set to go some place else, and you have poor peripheral vision like me, you won't really notice it at an instant, but when you do, you would not regret it at all.

We came from UP Los Baņos looking for a place to eat. Although there were tons of great places, I'm sure, the people that we asked that day were quite clueless. The people from Laguna are quite hospitable, but for some reason, the ones "available" that day only knew of fast food chains and the like. We did not want that because we could have them any time in the National Capital Region a.k.a. Metro Manila.

I wanted to try a certain place with great reviews near the university, but it was out of the way and the way going there was jammed. Mom said, "It's Laguna, I'm sure there are other places..."

We were set to go to the other side of Laguna(the way to Manila was on the way, but we were intending to skip that), but something caught my eye (I was looking left and right, and yes, that made me dizzy). I saw an interesting looking Japanese restaurant called Azabu(Linen Cloth) Restaurant. It meant, for me, that the place is clean, and most probably, they serve good food (I'll write a separate review of the restaurant).

After eating, I was able to go around the place.

Let me just say that I've seen better places, but it looked very, very cozy, and the people looked very, very friendly.

Yes, you may say that they are just doing their jobs, but I've seen people "just doing their jobs" who are rude...

A week later we tried one of their accommodations that has its very own onsen. The public baths are clean, and they have rules and regulations to keep it as such, but we needed a private one for RJ because he was not feeling well.

We stayed at the Ayame Studio De Luxe with Onsen. Ayame(アヤメ, 菖蒲, 文目) is Japanese for Iris. The flower symbolism associated with the iris is faith, wisdom, cherished friendship, hope, valor, "with my compliments", promise in love, wisdom. It is also a symbol for royal families.

In Japan, the iris flower meaning has been interpreted as an expression of heroic deeds. The blue color of Japanese iris symbolizes blue blood. This is why iris flowers are used extensively in the Japanese spring festival for boys. Iris flowers were used in making perfumes, fragrances and as a medicinal herb too.

Unique Qualities: In Japan we were told that instead of money, we could give tokens to the ones that serve us(but some places in Japan accept money too, because they know it is a "worldwide" thing), but even if they try their best to serve their guests well like the Japanese do (they were trained that way), this is still the Philippines. I think it's best to give them cash with a smile.

I could list the prices here, but I think everything is covered in their website.

They accept Visa and Mastercard, but I advise that you call first if their machine is working that day or just to be sure, bring extra cash. It's generally safe there, but don't forget to take care too.

Address: Makiling Heights Subdivision, Lalakay, Los Baņos, Laguna
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: This place is easy to find because it's on the way going to UP Los Baņos, but here's the link to their map:

othercontact: Telefax:+63(49)5366979