"IT'S NOT THE HAT !!!!" Israel Favorite Tip by DAO

Israel General: 271 reviews and 259 photos

Favorite thing:
Years ago when I visited the Wailing Wall, I had the good fortune to be travelling with a young lady. We noticed that people were walking toward the Wall and we approached. Suddenly we found ourselves being shouted at form every direction. That was when we realised we had walked past a large box containing cardboard Kippahs or Yarmulkes. Essentially small, round head coverings. We retreated back to the box, fished out 2 suitable examples and placed them on our heads.

Forward we went again. And now more shouting! Again in Hebrew!

Finally I heard a voice (slightly Biblical).

?It?s not the hat! It?s the woman!?

Yes, that?s right; I was in the right place (actually the left side) in the Men?s section. Women pray in the section on the right. So I shed (temporarily) my female companion.

(There was a happy ending)

• Written Oct 3, 2011

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2015 at 8:43 PM

LOL You have the funniest stories dude. 5 thumbs for humor. I wish you had some pictures of that.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2014 at 3:37 AM

"Shouting" in Hebrew and "shedding a female, would have loved to have been there !!!
    Martin

• DAO's Profile Photo
      Nov 18, 2014 at 2:38 AM

I have seen smoe of your photos of the south. Very beautiful. I also wish to send you and all of Israel condolences in another sensless use of violence.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
      Nov 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Thanks my friend, hopefully one day people will learn to accept and embrace the differences that make our world wonderful instead of breeding hate because of those differences.

DAO

“???????ds ??o? u??q ???? p?no?s ? ???? ??s ? ?ou ??poq??os ?q o? p??u?? s????? ? '???? ?? ???”

Have you been to Israel?