"Not professional" UB Guesthouse Tip by RRAN

UB Guesthouse, Ulaanbaatar: 106 reviews and 19 photos

My opinion is pretty simple, they need to become more professional.We got a twin bedroom on Sunday and at first I said that we gotta be at least up to Wednesday, but on Tuesday morning(8:40am) a staff knocked the door noticing me that they have the bedroom we were was booked online and we gotta leave before 11am, honestly I didn't know what to say, I was with my mother in law and the option to have a common dormitory wasn't that comfortable. After few minutes I went to office and said that it wasn't professional and so on, he said: "you know I'm just a staff, talk to him" him(small rude guy) even didn't turn to talk to me and spoke in Mongolia with the staff, I said that we could speak in English once we spoke before, so he didn't talk to me. The staff said they booked another similar bedroom in other guest house, so we walked through and when we got there the girl just said nobody had booked anything here, so I just realized they were fully me with ***, as I was in hurry to buy my tickets back we got the corridor and I asked them to put the sheet on the beds and I also put my bags on them, when I returned at night, there were other people on our beds and they just put away my stuff. I couldn't stand for this situation anymore, I went around to check another place, we packed our things and we went to office to check out, the woman that talked to me, asked why we were leaving and why we disliked it, I used the same words above and I heard that I was not educated(kind of not adequate), I asked for respect and that she stopped yelling with me, so she kept saying why, that I wasn't right, that they gave the noticed with enough time and so on, thats how works their system, bla, bla,bla. I just said that I was pretty happy and that I'd like to pay and leave, after few minutes she finally got the payment and we left.So in case you gotta get a room there, make sure about the dates, because I'm pretty sure they won't aware you beforehand.

Unique Qualities: The place is pretty central and handy, it is quite clean.

Address: Chingeltei District, 1st horoo, Ulaanbaatar, 2-40000, Mongolia
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Close to main square and also the main avenue.
Phone: 976-11-311037
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.ubguest.com/contact.htm

• Written Oct 3, 2011

More Hotels in Ulaanbaatar (1)

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Ulaanbaatar?